How To Prevent Wrinkles Around Eyes
Wrinkles are a part of our lives. As we age, our skin starts to lose its previous glow and eventually loses its repairing capability as well.
It is a natural phenomenon that is bound to happen with time.
Getting wrinkles is not actually a bad thing! Just like me, most of us accept it as a part of getting old, but some people don’t!
And there are also some who are suffering from poor skin conditions because of their questionable life choices in the past as well as the present.
Well, there are many reasons that can be the root of the problem like smoking, years of exposure to UV ray of the sun, abnormal skin care, lifestyle changes etc.
What are these wrinkles?
Frankly, when we were young, our minds were so focused on problems like acne, pimple scars, stretch marks, forehead lines etc..; we forgot to look at the big picture!
As the time goes by our skin gets damaged and to compensate we use different types of creams and face washes but most of them are too harsh for a delicate area like the eyes.
The skin around our eyes is the most delicate part of our facial skin. Unlike other areas, it also does not hydrate itself.
The continuous rubbing of the skin makes it even worse.
But it is not always the bad habits that give us the wrinkles.
This is an established fact that our regular natural facial movements like smiling or reacting to a situation with a certain expression may also be a reason for getting wrinkles.
The matter of fact is that, normal wear and tear of your skin is pretty normal and with time it will definitely get damaged. But it does not mean that we cannot do anything to prevent it or reduce the effect to some extent.
We definitely can and that’s why I am here to help you.
Being subjected to various treatments (both natural and artificial) in the past, I find myself perfectly potent to suggest you with remedies and treatments that you can follow.
But first of all, let us see,
The reasons for its appearance!
As discussed before, behind wrinkles there can be several reasons but pinpointing the specifics will definitely offer you a real fighting chance against them.
- Ageing is a very normal part of our lives. Our body experiences normal wear and tear as we grow old. We lose the ability to produce new cells daily resulting in the loss of our repairing capability.
With age, the collagen and elastin from our skin get depleted and ultimately leads to saggy skin.
- Surprisingly, smiling can lead to eye wrinkles. Yes, you heard it right! The normal everyday expression you show by which you portray your likes and dislikes can be bad for your skin. The regular movement of the same nature can lead to wrinkles.
As we start to get older our body stops producing collagen and elastin which are the main components of having great skin. So as the production stops the recovery system of our skin gets interrupted and the wrinkles begin to appear.
- As many people have told you that smoking is bad for your health. Yes, it is really bad for your health! But when they say the exact thing, they basically say that cigarettes will destroy your lungs.
But most of them do not know that teeth stains, gum problems, coughs etc are not the only things! Smoking causes other problems too, and that can be purely skin related.
When you smoke the inside of the blood vessels under your skin start to get really narrow! It leads to blood flow obstruction. This, in turn, means that the necessary nutrients are not reaching your skin through the blood; and as a result, your skin starts to look old.
- Your skin is weak against too much sunlight. Don’t get me wrong here! Sunlight is good for your skin but too much exposure can result in severe skin damage. UV rays are very harmful to the skin.
- Our facial skin is very delicate. It needs that extra care. Forget extra care, there are people who don’t even take a little care of their skin. A little moisturizer every day can help matters a lot!
- Another problem is our addiction to fast foods! Unhealthy eating habits are making our skin weaker and weaker. You need to start drinking a lot of water and green veggies to take care of your skin.
- Fortunately or unfortunately, this last reason is not really your fault but you have to live with it. I believe that genetics also play a big role in our skin problems. In general, if your predecessors have had great skin, you will have that trait too but if they are acne prone or they have or had like other skin problems, there is a big chance that you will have it too.
So, how to get rid of them with medically?
This is an inevitable problem but that does not make it unmanageable. Nothing is impossible nowadays. Wrinkles can be prevented, corrected and their formation can be delayed for a few years. There are a few medical solutions such as:
- Opting for Dermal Filler
This treatment is a temporary solution but it is also one of the most popular treatments in the market. This treatment actually fills the spaces under your eyes and the change will be immediate. But this is not a permanent solution; you need to replace it after a year.
- The effective Laser Therapy
Another popular choice is the laser treatment. In this process, the doctor will get into the deep layer of your skin with a very powerful laser and force the collagen and elastin to repair your skin. Generally, recovery takes time but this is very effective.
- The famous Botox
Botox treatment also falls among the popular choices. This treatment will prevent future wrinkles from appearing and also tightens your skin so that they are less visible. But getting Botox is a very serious issue. You need to discuss it with your doctor, as Botox has very life-threatening side effects.
If you are scared of the invasive option, then you can go for microdermabrasion. This treatment uses diamond particles to remove the dead skin cells which are making you look old. The recovery period of this treatment is very short.
- Eye Creams can help
The last and final option for you is to use eye creams. These creams are specifically designed to take care of your wrinkled skin. Loads of effective products are available in the market.
You can use anyone that suits your skin.
Or you can completely go the do-it-yourself route.
Home remedies to reduce wrinkles!
- Mask it off with an Eye Mask
Eye masks are a very effective home remedy to get rid of the wrinkles. You should use this process at least 3 times a week. You need to keep the mask for 30 minutes or less and then wash it with water. After that use a cream or a moisturizer on your face for nourishment!
You can go for different types of masks. Settle for the one that suits your skin.
- Relax with an eye massage
This is a very specific type of massage focusing on the surrounding area of your eyes. This helps to stimulate as well as regulate the blood flow.
The increased blood flow will provide necessary oxygen and nutrients to your skin. You can also get a face massage too!
Finally, I would like to say that even though these medical processes are very effective, they are also worth a lot of money.
The home remedies, on the other hand, are effective but they take their own time.
So I would like you to consider a few daily healthy routine which will change your skin and if you are able to get into the routine at a young age it may change your life completely.
Eat healthy, sleep well, exercise, take care of your skin and be happy! If you ask me, these can really help you in the long run.