Latest Beauty Tips For The Face
In a world where first impressions count largely towards your success in life, knowing how to look after your face is important.
This isn’t just skin care, this is how you treat your body as well as how you look after yourself in general. Beauty tips, especially for the face, are a pretty popular internet topic but it only ever talks about skin care in and of its self, not your face as a whole.
When it comes to your face, there are many things you have to consider when finding the right way to take care of it. Ironically it starts at your skin and goes out from there.
But sometimes treating your skin isn’t as straight forward as you hope.
There are three common skin types: Dry, Oily and Combination Skin.
Keep that Oily Skin Beautiful with our Tips
Oily skin is one of the more difficult skins to care for. There are many hurdles to over come and you are prone to pimples, which make life just that little more fun. When looked after properly though, you won’t have an issue at all.
Commonly, your skin will have a rougher texture and visible pores that can dull your appearance and give your face a gross shine. As mentioned, you’re also prone to several types of blemishes and acne.
The best things you can do for this skin type is avoid junk food, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and drink lots of water. Use an oil free cleanser and moisturiser too, and if needed, see your doctor if you require additional acne treatment, such as topical creams or medication.
Dry Skin and what we recommend for a clearer skin
Just like Oily skin, Dry skin can be a bother as well. It is easily affected by climate and can be painful in the winter or really cold climates.
This can result in pain and visibly affect your appearance if not maintained.
Dry Skin can look dull and have a fine texture but can also be flaky, a bit like eczema.
Having dry skin can actually make you prone to eczema or psoriasis, particularly where there are creases and wrinkles in the skin.
To help maintain dry skin, stick to cooler showers (not too hot) and make sure you pat dry your skin, preferably with a soft towel. Ensuring moisturiser is applies is essential too. look for hydrating cleansers and moisturisers and get a topical treatment for any skin conditions you may have from the doctor.
Tips for Combination Skin
Obviously, this skin type is really a lucky dip of the other two skin types.
Some people get the flaky skin in some areas and oily in others. Some people get the big pores and redness on the cheeks. (some people also luck out and get already beautiful skin, but we won’t talk about those people).
Basically, you’ll get both the best and worst of both worlds when you have combination skin. You’ll have what is called T-Zone, (Forehead to chin, via the nose) which can be either really dry or oily and prone to acne.
Here you need to consult a skin care professional to find a product that is right for you.
You also need to ensure you keep your skin clean, and adjust your skin care routine and products based on your climate and activities.
Other beauty tips for your face
- It doesn’t really need to be said, but ensuring you are drinking plenty of water and eating healthy are key to looking after your face.
Making sure your diet is full of anti-oxidants and vitamins is important as the water flushes the system and the vitamins and anti oxidants feed your skin.
- Make sure you cleanse everyday and scrub/mask as required. This makes sure any dead skin and sloughed off and your pores are washed out and clear of any baddies that promote acne.
- Always wear sunscreen. Even though you might moisturize in the morning and at night, the sun can still do damage beyond a standard moisturizer.
Find creams and make up that have sunscreen in them (a lot of BB and CC creams etc as well as foundations, concealers and bronzes will have sunscreen in them nowadays.
Make sure it says it on the bottle) and apply those regularly as well. If you’re going make up free make sure you have sunscreen with you and apply regularly as well as carrying a hat and water bottle to keep the rays off you.
- Exercise is important for good skin too. It gets the blood pumping, giving you a natural glow, as well as endorphins pumping the happiness through your system and making you smile.
- Getting enough sleep is important too. Making sure you are getting 7-9 hours a night is key (more or less based on what works for you really) as it will help reduce the dark circles under your eyes and make you look more awake.
If you want to go the extra mile and make your own masks and scrubs, try these recipes below:
Some of the best Natural Masks for your face
Before applying: open your pores by applying a warm damp wash cloth to your face.
These can be used for any skin type.
Avocado Magic Mask:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp of hone and or plain yogurt.
- Combine the ingredients together in a small bowl
- apply liberally to your face.
- Leave for a few minutes before rinsing off with luke warm water and moisturizing. Make sure you miss your eyes.
Happy Honey Bee Mask:
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tpsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Mix together honey and olive oil
- Add the lemon juice and
- Beat in the eqq yolk.
- Apply to face and allow to dry
- Rinse clear with luke warm water
Make sure you moisturize after each treatment.
Paw Paw Perfect Scrub:
- 1 Paw Paw or Papaya
- 2-3 tsp of ground oats
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mash the paw paw meat with a fork
- Mix in the oats and sugar to form a thick paste
- Massage into your skin for several minute and allow it to dry.
- Rinse with warm and then cold waters.
Cocoa Butter Delight
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Melt cocoa butter over low heat
- Add egg to butter gently forming a cream like mixture
- Add the lemon juice.
- Allow to cool before applying and store in an air tight container.
There are many more recipes available on the internet, or if you don’t have time for natural remedies, pop into your beauty shops for their natural or not so natural but still good options. Looking after your face with these beauty tips will be essential for the latest trends!